Monday, September 29, 2008

Metacognition: Kite Runner Essay

At first, when I sat down to even pick a topic for the Kite Runner essay, I encountered a familiar feeling when in a situation like this: complete, udder confusion. I was lost, and several questions raced through my mind. What do I want to say? How am I going to say it? Is my topic clear/important/well thought out/unique enough? I was glad to find that just amassing evidence to support my topic helped me narrow it down considerably. Starting out, I picked three topics that really interested me, but when I thought about writing an evidence plan, I was quickly able to eliminate... all three of them.
I went back to the list of questions, though, and saw the one about closure. At first, I hadn't thought that there was enough evidence to support it, but when I looked at it again, I found that I had been wrong. My thesis kept popping up all over the book and I knew that this would be an essay that, if nothing else, would have a great topic.

No comments: